Registrar of Voters
The Registrars of Voters develop methods and procedures to ensure the voting rights of citizens and administer all elections—national, state, municipal, and referenda—based on current election laws.
Contact Information and Office Hours
Phone: (860) 350-4694
Fax: (860) 350-5041
Office hours are Thursday's from 10am to 1 pm.
Registrars of Voters
Mallory Town Hall
9 Rt 39 North
P.O. Box 39
Sherman, Connecticut 06784
Sara Laughlin, Democratic Registrar
Barbara Hoag, Republican Registrar
Marie Hayes, Deputy Registrar
Carol Muska, Deputy Registrar
Description of Services
We encourage all people who meet the requirements as voters to register and come out to vote!
What Is Required to Register to Vote:
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A bona fide resident of the Town.
- Not be currently incarcerated or on parole for a conviction for a felony.
- Fill out a registration form.
- A birth certificate, driver’s license, or social security card
- Current and valid photo identification, or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, pay check, or government document showing the name and address of the voter, confirming your address in the town in which you are registering to vote.
An individual may also apply to register to vote by mail. Applications may be obtained from a variety of sources, including Registrars of Voters, Town Clerks, Secretary of State, Department of Motor Vehicles, Libraries, Social Service Agencies, Federal Post Care Applications, etc. Completed applications are returned to the Registrar of Voters in the town in which you are registering. Complete applications must contain an original signature. Faxed applications are not acceptable. Forms may be downloaded from the Internet at www.sots.state.ct.us.