Happy Acres Property Mgr Applicants
TOWN OF SHERMAN
OFFICE OF THE FIRST SELECTMAN
Mallory Town Hall
9 Route 39 North
P.O. Box 39
Sherman, CT 06784-0039
TEL (860) 355-1139 FAX (860) 355-6943
Request for Application
Qualified Property Manager
The Town of Sherman is accepting applications for a Property Manager for Happy Acres Farm. This is a contracted position for an independent provider of maintenance and property management services. A dated Letter of Intent along with an outline of qualifications and experience must be submitted no later than 1 P.M. on Thursday, December 5, 2019. Please provide two written letters of reference current within 6 months of November 1, 2019. Reference “Happy Acres Farm - Property Manager” on envelopes when submitting.
Please note that successful applicant will be required to become an LLC or other corporate entity. Selected Property Manager will be required to carry appropriate insurance (TBD).
The description for the proposed position may be found below in Appendix A. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to consult with the Town website prior to submittal of their final application for any addendums to this request. Failure to acknowledge receipt of addendums in accordance with the instructions contained in this Request may result in the application not being considered.
The Town of Sherman reserves the right to reject any or all applications. The award of the contract, if made, will be made to the most qualified applicant.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made by and between __________________________________ Property Manager of _____________________________, Connecticut (the “Manager”) and the Town of Sherman, a municipal corporation with its principal office located at 9 Rt. 39 North, Sherman, Connecticut (the “Town”).
WHEREAS, the Town is a municipal corporation organized in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut; and
WHEREAS, the Town desires to contract with a Property Manager to manage what is known as Happy Acres Farm (the “Property”); and
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and agreements hereinafter set forth, the Town and Property Manager agree as follows:
- The Town hereby engages the Property Manager as the Happy Acres Farm Property Manager. The duties of the work are set forth in the description attached hereto as Appendix A and specifically made part of this Agreement. The Property Manager hereby accepts such work as an independent contractor.
- Duties. The Property Manager agrees that he/she will faithfully perform, to the satisfactions of the Town, the duties set forth in the description attached. The Property Manager shall be paid $35,000.00/year payable bi-weekly for services rendered upon submission of an invoice for those services.
- Assistance. The Property Manager shall remain courteous to all visitors of the Happy Acres Farm and answer questions, if possible. The Property Manager shall maintain a presentable appearance during open hours and when in contact with the public.
- Use. The Property Manager is permitted to use that residence and other structures on Happy Acres Farm. This permission extends to the Property Manager only and may not be assigned to other parties. The only exception to this is the silo leased to a cellular company. The Town reserves the right to have other parties use the farm related structures.
- Termination. This Agreement may be terminated, with or without cause, by either party on ninety (90) day written notice to the other. Any notice given hereunder shall be given in writing to the Property Manager at ______________________. Any notice to Town shall be given at 9 Rt. 39 North, Sherman, Connecticut.
- Term. The term of this Agreement shall be a period of one (1) year beginning on _____________ and expiring on _____________; subject however, to prior termination as set forth in the preceding paragraph. This Agreement may be renewed by the parties or, if neither party terminates, may continue under these terms until so terminated.
- Return of Town’s Property. Upon termination of this Agreement, regardless of how termination is effected, or whenever requested by Town, the Property Manager shall immediately return to Town all of Town’s personal property including, without limitation, all tools provided by Town for Property Manager’s use while occupying the residence at the property or used by Property Manager in rendering services herein or otherwise, that are in the Property Manager’s possession or under his/her control. Property Manager shall also immediately vacate the Property.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the complete agreement concerning the arrangement between the parties. The parties further agree that neither has made any representations with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement or any representations including the execution and delivery hereof except such representations as specifically set forth herein.
- Modification of Agreement. No waiver or modification of this Agreement or of any covenant, condition, or limitation herein contained shall be valid unless agreed to, in writing, and duly executed by the parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have hereunto executed this Agreement this _________ day of ______________, 2019.
TOWN OF SHERMAN PROPERTY MANAGER
Don Lowe By:
The Town of Sherman takes pride in its ownership of Happy Acres Farm and the heritage of agriculture it represents. Starting in 2020, certain sections of Happy Acres Farm will open to the community for both programmed and casual use. The Town of Sherman is seeking a Property Manager to play an integral role in the upkeep, preservation and accessibility of the property. Reporting to the Sherman Board of Selectmen, the Property Manager will work with Town Officials and Committees to ensure the upkeep and smooth operation of the property and will also support the programming of routine and special events.
The Property Manager is responsible for the upkeep and appearance of all outdoor areas of Happy Acres Farm. Property Manager shall:
With respect to publicly accessible areas of the property, Town Committees or Town-approved organizations will coordinate and manage all aspects of Happy Acres programming and provide Property Manager with appropriate notice. Property Manager shall:
Property Manager may use home on the farm and other structures as permitted by the Town of Sherman. Electric, oil, garbage pickup, gasoline, and diesel fuel for the Property will be provided by the Town of Sherman. The Property Manager may pursue agriculture endeavors on the property subject to the approval of the Sherman Board of Selectmen.